5-Minute Paleo Banana Bread Mug Muffin
Got a ripe banana, 5 minutes, a mug (or ramekin) and a microwave? Give this delicious 5-Minute Paleo Banana Bread Mug Muffin Recipe a try!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure banana bread is one of those treats that can and should be enjoyed year round. But making a full loaf can take a lot of time and energy. As an impatient person, I just don’t have time for that! Enter: this 5-minute paleo banana bread mug muffin. Not only is it quick to make, but it’s also grain- and gluten-free, plus sweetened mostly by ripe banana.
What is a mug muffin?
Well, as the name implies, it’s a muffin you make in a mug, duh! Where and when the mug muffin originated I have no idea, but I’m sure glad someone had the creativity to think it up.
Mug muffins are considered single-serve portions, so you don’t have to share! Plus, they’re portable, and make portion control a breeze.
How ripe should the banana be?
Whenever making baking goods with bananas, the riper the better. The riper the banana, the sweeter the banana. Plus, it’ll mash easily! And don’t fear the brown bananas. Brown bananas are perfect for baking, not trash-worthy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
No-sugar-added peanut butter
Pure maple syrup or honey
Let’s get baking! Or should I say, microwaving? Give this 5-Minute Paleo Banana Bread Mug Muffin a try. Top with extra banana, nut butter, and/or cinnamon if you’re feeling crazy!
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ½ medium extra-ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ Tbsp no-sugar-added peanut butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine first three ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Pour into a lightly-greased ramekin or mug. Microwave until set, about 2 to 2½ minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before eating to enhance banana flavor.
Be sure to let the mug muffin sit for a few minutes after cooking to enhance the delicious banana flavor!